The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is predicting an above average hurricane season this year, calling for a strong likelihood of the most named storms the Atlantic has seen since 2012. Below is a list of necessary precautions should you and your loved ones should take should you find yourselves in the threat of inclement weather:
- Develop an evacuation plan that includes long-lasting music selection for the 250,000 vehicle traffic jam on the suggested evacuation route.
- Bring all moveable outdoor equipment such as grills & patio furniture inside for indoor BBQing purposes.
- Make copies of your important documents such as identifications, birth certificates, and that awesome two weeks’ notice you’ve been working on.
- In addition to milk & bread, buy plenty of trash bags for disposing of disgusting milk sandwiches.
- Be sure to keep your phone fully charged so you can be the first one capturing the hurricane experience via Instagram posts, tweets, and YouTube videos.
- Make amends with your neighbors who have generators and a better alcohol selection than you.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to “reconnect” with distant relatives that live in hurricane-free areas